GIVE ME A "G"!
WHAT'S THAT SPELL?!?!
...No word I know of, in the English language.
But they are letters of the alphabet, and there will be 24 more of them, plus a few other squares, and thankfully, the rest are being knit by other folks in our knitting group, to make an alphabet baby blanket for someone we know who is having a boy. (Fear not, I don't think she reads my blog, so I don't think the surprise is spoiled.)
- Yarn: Linie 12 Clip 100% cotton, color #190, purchased from Unraveled
- Gauge: 5 stitches per inch
- Needles: U.S. size 5 (3.75 mm) Clover Bamboo circulars
- Pattern: Alphabet squares from Knitting Knonsense
- Size: ~7" square, although I didn't measure, and right now, unblocked, they appear taller than they are wide.
All the letter blocks will be the same color, and Issy has agreed to sew them all together, for which I am most grateful. I can't wait to see how it looks after it's all sewn together. And I will insist on taking pictures of the finished object, when we give it to its recipient. So stay tuned here for that, hopefully within a few weeks.
Moving on to a different, but still knitting-related topic, did anyone catch these socks on Antiques Roadshow (Salt Lake City part 1) last week?
They look like they were just made yesterday. Amazing. You can watch a little video of the appraisal here.