Saturday, May 05, 2007

Mary's Excellent Adventure - Part 2

*
The pastoral setting along Fairgrounds Road...




...as I approached Mecca this morning...

(...despite the congested parking lot...)



...inspires me now to wax poetic.

So, here goes....
.

Mary wants a little lamb...




...with fleece as white as snow....

(okay, I think this is a kid goat, but work with me...)



...because everywhere that Mary went, lambs were to and fro

(okay, I know they're adult sheep -- again, cut me some slack)

[Thus ends the poetry.]

Boy, am I tired! I arrived at MS&W around 8:30 this morning, where lines had already formed for the 2007 MS&W merchandise:

...and at The Fold's booth:

...for Socks That Rock:

I did not stand in either idiotic line, thankyouverymuch. The only line worth standing in is for the bathroom, in my opinion.

Lines noticeably absent this year included the Koigu free-for-all, (they were apparently a no-show), and the vendor selling Deep Fried Twinkies. Cardiologists all across the mid-Atlantic wept.

But there was still plenty of Fabulous Fair Food to be had:

And more importantly, there was a feast for the eyes, everywhere you looked:





I ran into several people I know, including queen Bess working hard in the Spirit Trail booth, Patsy & Nancy from my knitting group, as well as Robin H., and the trio of Jane, Donna and Patty. Back at the hotel tonight, I met Liz, (a Maryland knit-blogger who recognized me before I recognized her, shame on me!), along with two of her friends, one of whom was hefting a brand new beautiful spinning wheel. (Hi Liz! Nice to finally meet you!) Oh, and in one very crowded barn, I ran into Jean and Brittany from Knitting Addiction. Again, even though I've only been to that Outer Banks yarn shop a handful of times, they recognized me before I recognized them. (Sometimes I feel like I'm a complete dolt!)

Today I bought several pretties, and despite my aching feet, am going back tomorrow for more.

I can't wait!

(Monday -- Part 3! And I'll most likely post the "big reveal" sometime on Monday Tuesday.)

*

7 comments:

Bess said...

Oh! I'm so glad you got to see the glass buttons. So magic. So gorgeous. I want to go live inside one.

hugs to you
bess

Robin said...

I am so envious!! I can't wait to see what you came away with! Tell the other I said HI!

Nikki said...

You should totally blame the yarn fumes for not recognizing people. :) Esp since the two that work in the yarn store have a higher tolerance for them :)

BTW, very jealous here!

Anonymous said...

Sorry i missed you yesterday. I saw Patsy and Nancy. It was too crowded but the weather was great. See you Tues.
Sheddy

Anonymous said...

Great pics as usual and I love the poetry!! Those hooked rugs are by Stacy. She used to come to my camps and is a FABULOUS designer and rug hooker. Good to see you! You have great weather today for your second S&W trip.

Margaret said...

Looks like a great time! I still don't get it that the longest lines are for the tote bags and mugs. I'd be buying fiber and yarn, but maybe that's just me.

lmilla said...

This is a whole new world to me... I had no idea such things went on until I started reading your blog! one day....