Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Irony and "Iron" Will...

***
(... or my lack thereof.)

So it seems that all it takes for me to be swayed into finally agreeing to learn how to spin is for me to blog about how I'm trying to resist it. Not a day after that particular entry, Bess finally wore me down, broke my spirit, and lured me into her web of fiber....

What's truly ironic is that the day I finally succumbed to the siren song of spinning is the same day that's been declared "Learn to Spin" day, according to Clara's 2006 Year in Yarn calendar.

And now that I've cast off the charade of resistance and have consumed the Kool-Aid, I'm really looking forward to my lesson. Bess is coming to town in a couple of weeks and bringing a kit with drop spindle and fiber, and we'll be going to the local botanical garden to sit, knit, spin, chat, eat, and walk the grounds to see what's in bloom. I can hardly wait!

Thanks, Bess!

***

No comments: