*Another hat for another nephew's birthday:
His birthday is today, actually, but the party isn't until next weekend, so I hope to get a live-action shot of him wearing it then.
- * Main Color: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran 55/33/12% Merino/Microfibre/Cashmere in Brick (#611)
- * Stripes: Elsebeth Lavold Classic AL 50/50% Baby Alpaca/Merino in Pinewood (#010)
- Gauge: 4.5 stitches per inch
- Pattern: Cast on 96 stitches, join in round, K2,P2 for 1½", increase to 99 stitches and knit every round for 5", adding stripes as desired, decrease & finish according to Super Simple Hat Calculator
- Needles: U.S. size 8 Denise interchangeable circulars & Clover 7" bamboo DPNs
Here's hoping that the kid likes it!
Today I spent a large part of the day downtown at the Convention Center, attending the Maymont Flower & Garden show. I took lots of pictures, and will most likely have a lengthy report about that on my gardening blog, but the extended report will have to wait, because tomorrow, I leave for a 3-day weekend at the beach with knitting friends, where I doubt I'll have internet access, so things will be quiet around here until Monday, most likely.
Happy Weekend, everyone!