*...nuthin' of significance to blog about, that is, so I will leave you with a 1960's-1970's musical trivia quiz. (Update: Answers posted at bottom of this post.) I spent a good portion of Friday cleaning up my computerized music library, which is why this stuff is fresh in my mind.
And no, I don't use iTunes, since I don't own an iPod. My mp3 player is a Creative Nomad Jukebox 3, and I use MusicMatch Jukebox to organize my music library. No, I'm not bitter at all that I bought that expensive, cumbersome thing just minutes before iPods became the standard. Not. Bitter. At. All. I will cling to it until it dies and gets buried alongside discarded 8-track players and Betamax recorders. But I might have to help it meet an early demise, perhaps the next time I'm near an open window of a tall bulding....
Okay, on to the quiz.
No fair Googling for the answers.
- Name the group who recorded "Funky Town". Extra credit if you can name the year in which it went to #1.
- Name the group who recorded "(Here I Am) Stuck in the Middle with You".
- What popular song did the group Mott the Hoople record?
- Who recorded "Do You Love Me (now that I can dance)"?
- Who recorded my all-time favorite song, "Build Me Up, Buttercup"?
- An easy one: Who recorded another of my favorites, "Drift Away"?
- Another easy one, another favorite: Who recorded "Shambala"?
- Who originally recorded "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"?
- Who recorded "Ariel"?
- Mega-easy: What song with a girl's name in the title did Pure Prairie League release?
That's enough for now. Good luck!