*Snowman hats are finished and ready for mailing:
- * Main Color: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky in white (#16014)
- * Nose: Cestari 3-ply 100% merino in Bulky Poppy
- Buttons, (both sets purchased at Couture):
- * Eyes: JHB International ¾" (#32178)
- * Mouth: JHB International - Raven, 5/8" (#89030)
- Gauge: 3.5 stitches per inch
- * Terry's hat (w/ 5-button mouth): 22", (cast-on 77 stitches)
- * Jenny's hat (w/ 7-button mouth): 21", (cast-on 74 stitches)
- Design: Jane Pollard's Snowman Hat
- Needles: U.S. size 10.5 Denise interchangeable circulars & Crystal Palace bamboo DPNs
- Modifications: made the noses a little pointier and longer by decreasing all the way down to 1 stitch; used buttons instead of french knots for mouths, (since I don't know how to do a french knot...)
I considered knitting a little hat and scarf for these snowmen, but thought better of it. They're done. I'm done.
The story behind my making these is that after
I replied to both of them with, "You know how to knit -- knit one yourself!".
Both responded with, "But, I only know how to knit rectangles!".
(What I heard: Waaa, waaa, waaa!)
My response: "I'll be happy to guide you into the magical, mystical world of hat knitting."
Neither of them took me up on that offer.
Bunch of chickens I'm related to, apparently....
And so, I succumbed to familial pressure and knit them each a snowman hat.
I'm such a pushover.
They better not ask me for snowman hats for their kids, or spouses, or fellow teachers....
That's all I'm sayin'....