Wednesday, February 28, 2007

OBX Knitting Weekend - Yarn Crawl Loot

*
It's time for the big "reveal" of my purchases from this past weekend. Forgive me if this is "braggy", but people in my knitting group were asking to see it, so here we go:
*

Lantern Moon Rice Basket
I've always wanted one of these, but could never find a plain one until now.

*

Ellyn Cooper's Yarn Sonnets -- Fantasia, in "African Dance"
75/25% Cotton/Polyester

*

bottom view of yarn cake
*

extreme close-up of top of yarn cake - mmmmm
*

(L-R): Sweater Wizard software; Lantern Moon black sheep tape measure;
Blue Sky size 5 DPNs (bought just for that gorgeous tin);
"My Little Knitting Book" quick reference

*

Knitting Pure & Simple - Weekend Neck Down Jacket pattern (#234)
Knitting Pure & Simple - Neckdown Cardigan for Women (#9725)

*
Knitting Pure & Simple - V-neck Cardigan for Women (#994)
Vermont Fiber Designs - Cable & Rib Cardigan (#129)

*
Knitting Addiction's "Mitten Accomplished" pattern
(With directions for fingering, DK and worsted weight yarns.
The shop sample was knit with sock yarn, which
may inspire me to use up some of
my copious stash)
*

Doggie Driver - for younger brother's birthday
*

Woven bag in my very favorite color combination, from Endless Possibilities
(I love the win/win/win! philosophy of this organization)

*

Inside lining of woven bag -- love this fabric!
*

Woven kitchen rug from Endless Possibilities
*

Close-up of rug colors - love these!
(Thanks to eagle-eye enabler Robin H. for spotting this rug just as we were leaving
)
*

Just had to share this picture of Ali the cat admiring the rug
*

World's softest cotton t-shirts from the Life is Good store.
Love their philosophy, too.

*

Alrighty, then, that's enough mass materialism/consumerism for one day. Tomorrow I will post pictures of last night's very fun TNK knit night, and a FO. So, stay tuned!
*

5 comments:

Robin said...

Cool stuff!! I tried to comment yesterday on your pics...boy, I wish I could knit while sleeping! I'm looking forward to meeting Robin this weekend!
You took some WONDERFUL pictures!

emmy said...

Nice loot! I love what you got from "Endless Possibilities". I can't seem to get rested up or caught up.

Monet said...

I love all of your cool new stuff! Yeah!

Speaking of picking up new stuff - have you read Yarn Lounge's blog? SuperSecretSale!!!!!

I think that this warrants a trip over!

Cat said...

Hi, Mary - nice photos and looks like good loot! What is a "FO"?! Cathy / bonaircat from TNK (oh and I ran into Jo at BenFranklin shopping for 1/3 off yarn last night).

Anonymous said...

That close-up picture of the rag rug sure would make great notecards! Really pretty close-up. Love the colors and glad you switched.