*Embarassment is right. As I alluded to yesterday, I found an incredible yarn sale last week, and I hit it hard.
While blog-surfing, I happened upon a blog announcing that Knit Happens was having a huge sale at their online store. Lots of great yarns, most of which were at least 50% off, and all were going fast. I spent more than I've ever spent at one time on yarn, and would probably have spent more if things hadn't been selling so fast. (A blessing in disguise!)
Anyway, I promised some folks in my knitting group that I'd share what I'd purchased, so here goes:
Clockwise, from top left:
- Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky in teal (#10) - 4 balls, sage (#11) - 2 balls, and pink (#4) - 2 balls. No plans yet for these yarns, although the pink may become a baby hat.
- Muench "Touch Me" in fuschia (#08) - 6 balls, green (#04) - 5 balls, and purple (#38) - 6 balls. All earmarked for gifts of "Vintage Velvet" scarves (from Scarf Style).
- Jade Sapphire Mongolian Cashmere, 2 hanks each in "Deep Denim" (#44) - 6-ply, "Amethyst Haze" (#17) - 8-ply, and "Lilac" (#31) - 8-ply. No plans yet, except to fondle.
- Kaalund "Relish" in "Sapphire" - 2 hanks. No plans, but probably a hat.
- Rowan Big Wool in "Flirty" (green, #38) - 3 balls. One ball not pictured because it's already in use. (I'll share pictures of that project when finished - maybe this weekend.) No plans for other two balls.
For anyone like me who likes to see more detail in their yarn photographs, here are a few additional shots from different angles. Click pictures to make bigger:
Okay, it's time to go fondle some yarn! Later!