Monday, June 26, 2006

Don't Hate Me Because My Yarn is Beautiful

***
My SoXperience travel buddy Liz is currently de-stashing, and was gracious enough to give me first crack at some of her Socks-That-Rock yarn. I decided on this one, which arrived today:

Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in "Hot Flash"
***

An extreme close-up for your Yarn Pr0n viewing pleasure
***

Yippee! I'm usually not a pink person, but who can resist those bright colors! I know my SIL Jenny, who is a pink person, will be jealous. I'm guessing that any socks that come from this yarn may have to go to her.

Liz even threw in a couple of surprises - a cute notecard and a mini-sock-blocker keyring! (Click picture to make bigger):


I can't wait to knit a sock for that keyring!
***

I'd just recently seen one of those keyrings, thanks to new TNK member Robin pointing it out on Jeanie's blog. (Go ahead, surf around Jeanie's blog and look at all the little socks she's already knit or received for it -- so cute! My favorite is the sock and the shoe together). I'd even thought about getting one, but decided against it for whatever reason (trying to be restrained, I guess, after all my recent purchases at SoXperience.)

Anyway, I am so thrilled to have it, and I love that little pattern that comes with it -- can't wait to try it out!

Thanks so much, Liz!

-------------

UPDATE: I was just Googling around some other blogs to see how "Hot Flash" looks knitted up, and come to find out that the "Hot Flash" colorway was designed by BMFA to support "Knit For The Cure". How cool is that? And now the name and the color all makes sense!

-------------

7 comments:

Krista said...

Totally jealous! Love that color!

Melanie said...

OOOOO, socks that rock...oooooo...drool...drool...

i'm done now.

:-)

Robin said...

Beautiful colorway! Reminds me of peonies! I can't wait to see it knitted up!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you do w/ your sock blocker. I think a go-go boot would be nice complete w/ a tassel!

Bess said...

Oooo = everybody needs a Liz in her life - congratulations on having one. and the beautiful colored yarn too. yum!

Suzanne said...

YOU MUST GIVE THAT YARN TO ME!

LOOK DEEPLY INTO MY EYES.....YOU ARE FEELING SLEEPY.....HAND THE YARN SLOWLY TO SUZANNE.........

Courtney said...

That yarn is beautiful indeed!