Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hometown Tourist

***
This past week my friend Debbie, who moved from here to Washington state a little over a year ago, was back in town visiting friends and family. As is our ritual whenever she's in town, we made a date to go eat at the best sushi restaurant in Richmond. So we met there yesterday and I ordered my obligatory Unagi Don (freshwater eel over rice) -- yum! -- and Debbie had her obligatory Aji Tofu and a Richmond roll (avocado & cream cheese wrapped in rice and seaweed). We both left there very happy.

Debbie had some time to kill after lunch, so we went across the street to the Science Museum of Virginia and played tourists. I took a lot of pictures, which I'll post tomorrow, I think, but right now, since I need to go get ready for knitting group tonight, I'll leave you with this short video I took there.

Be gentle with your movie review. This was my very first ever movie taken with my digital camera, so it's a bit wobbly. I also sound like a complete dork, (which is not unusual), narrating this. But I'm pretty excited that I figured out the whole movie-making-uploading-YouTube-thing. There may be more where this came from, if y'all can stand it.






Please, please, hold your applause until the end.... ;-)
***
(Feedblitz subscribers: go here to watch video).

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm clapping virtually!!!!
Go science!
And even more importantly....go SUSHI! I did not know you were a fan? maybe Mr. Funny is the only non-fan in the universe.

Anonymous said...

Eel???? Ooohh!! Would have to try it and not know it! Love the video. Wish I could figure out how to do this - would be neat to take video at the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fest next week. Missed seeing you last night at knit night!

Krista said...

My daughter is terrified of that globe. I think she is afraid it'll roll off and crush her. Sometimes I feel that way too...it's so huge!

Becka said...

LOL, that globe is mesmerizing!!

Sangeeta said...

Woohoo! Way to go Mary!

Soothing they way it goes round and round and has that water sound, huh?

knitfriendly said...

That is a cool globe! :)