Monday, November 13, 2006

A dream come true...

***
While driving through Orange County, NY, one cannot leave town without stopping at this world-famous location:


Nirvana!
***

The Space Shuttle bike is one of my favorites
***

Hey, there's Paul Sr., (times two)!
***

Here's Beth all chummy with Paulie


And if you're wondering what this is all about, Orange County Choppers is a family-run business upon which the Discovery Channel reality show "American Chopper" is based. I'm not a motorcycle person, but I am fascinated with that show. The fascination is partly to do with watching Paulie's creative process, which is not unlike watching the designers on Project Runway. But I also enjoy being a fly on the wall, observing an entire workplace full of men with tools, and seeing how they interact with each other when women aren't around. Not that I'm a big fan of Paul Sr.'s daily rage-fits -- I could do without that dysfunctional element of the show.

The above pictures were taken at their retail store and showroom. We decided that we didn't have time to stop by their actual shop, especially since we figured the Teutuls wouldn't be there on a Sunday afternoon anyway. Maybe next time, though.

I heart New York!
***

4 comments:

Robin said...

Okay Mary....I'm officially a frog...permanently GREEN! Yarn & motorcycles....what's a jealous girl to do?

I think I need to go sit on my Dad's bike for a while just so I can make an attempt at returning to normal!

knitfriendly said...

Looks like fun! :)

Nikki said...

wistful sigh...That's so cool that you got to go.

Sangeeta said...

what other classes did you take? what other stuff did you get? show more yarn!