Sunday, November 05, 2006

Another hat

***
Finished it this morning, just in time for my niece's birthday party this afternoon.


Specs:

  • Yarn: Artyarns Supermerino color # 138, which I won in Courtney's blog contest. Thanks, Courtney!
  • Needles: U.S. size 7: Denise interchangeable circulars; Crystal Palace bamboo DPNs
  • Gauge: 5 stitches/inch
  • Pattern: Cast on 100 stitches. Join in the round. Knit every row for 7 inches. Decrease & finish following Super Simple Hat Calculator instructions.


Recipient:
This twelve-year-old loves purple.
***

She seems to like it, for which I'm grateful. I offered to add a pom-pom or tassle to the top, but she likes it plain. I have about 20-30 yards left, in case she changes her mind.

I'm proud that I'm now 2-for-2 on finished hats that actually fit. I really do like knitting hats, but I must admit that I prefer knitting them with fat yarn. They go so much quicker that way. I've got several more hats on my holiday list to knit, and thankfully, the rest will be knit with chunky-weight.

Now it's time to get crackin' on the next item on the list. Later!
***

5 comments:

Anne Margaret said...

How fun to see how the color worked out in the hat - really pretty. Especially on your niece. And thanks for the hat calculator link - I'll be all over that one!!

LaurieM said...

I am continually surprised by how long it takes to knit a hat. I always figure on it being a quick knit. But then I like to complicate things with fine yarn and intricate patterns. :-)

I'll have to remember, fat yarn...

Suzanne said...

I love it! It looks really good on her too. I bet the Supermerino was really nice to work with--even if the gauge was small.

I thought I would do some Caps for the Capitol-at least one. Baby hats are especially fast--I have made the Ann Norling fruit hat maybe 20 times and it always looks cute, so I'll make one or two for Caps--right after I finish this one for Liam's teacher. She is due very soon!

knitfriendly said...

That hat calculater link is great, thanks! The hat turned out very nicely and I am happy to hear that your niece likes it. :)

Courtney said...

That hat is great, and I'm glad that you were able to use the yarn. I'm going to go check out that hat calculator ling now.