Friday, November 25, 2005

Mo' maps

***
Have you seen the "Map Yourself" section over there in my sidebar? It has two very cool mapping services.

First, my Frappr map, where you can post a "pin" at your (relative) geographical location (by zipcode in the U.S.) with your picture and a "shout-out" on it. Frappr is currently all the rage in the knit-blogging world, and I, too, am loving it.

More recently I stumbled upon the ClustrMaps hit-counter, which will not only automatically count the number of visitors to my blog, but will also pinpoint them geographically for me. (Don't worry - it doesn't give me names or exact locations, so your anonymity and privacy are ensured. It just puts a red dot for a visitor's general location on a world map.) I think it's way cool. I had a few visitors from Europe yesterday -- Hola, Hallo, Ciao, Cheerio, and Bonjour!



Anyway, if you're reading this, then thank you for visiting my blog. You've just been added anonymously to my ClustrMap. I hope you'll add yourself to my Frappr map, and if you do, please post your blog's URL!

1 comment:

Yarnsticksbooks said...

I love the idea of historical postcards.Somehow they seem much nicer than the current ones.