Friday, November 04, 2005

Two steps forward...

...one step back.

That's how it's been with that !#$%&* ribbed scarf I'm butchering knitting. I must have knit and ripped out the same rows at least four times yesterday while traveling home. I'm only 1/4 of the way through this thing and I'm already bored and tired of it. And it's not like it's rocket science or intarsia or lace -- it's freakin' knit2-purl2 ribbing, for pete's sake.

It is to be a gift, however, so I shall persevere.

I've learned a valuable lesson: at my current (lack of) skill level, I cannot knit anything more complicated than straight garter or stockinette stitch when I'm tired or distracted, or else I'll be spending at least 50% of my time fixing my flubs.

I wonder if I'll ever advance beyond scarves, and if I even want to?

(Sigh).

I did visit that LYS on Tuesday, and bought some yarn for my friend's gift, but I haven't quite decided if it is butt-ugly or perhaps just needs to be carried along with something else. I got it because it is her favorite color. Pictures to follow in tomorrow's post.

Happy weekend!

No comments: