Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Finally...

***
...finally, Blogger is working with me. And here's the progress on my shamrock washcloth:


the edges are sorta squished 'cause the fabric is wider than the needles


Thanks to everyone who commented back when I asked for advice. I decided not to frog it after all, and just pulled those stitches tighter on the next rows. I guess I have tension issues between my knits and my purls. If this were a garment, I might be more concerned, but it's a doggone washcloth, after all -- why sweat it? I will also follow the recommendation to machine wash and dry it, which supposedly straightens out the stitches even more. I have also noticed that this yarn's dye is leaving some of itself on the tips of my bamboo needles, which tells me the washcloth definitely needs to be washed before I give it away.

I found the pattern on a great website called Dishcloth Boutique. And earlier today I stumbled upon another cool dishcloth pattern website called Knitting Knonsense. They even have another, different (easier!) shamrock dishcloth pattern here:


Wish I'd found this one first! Oh well -- the first one was good practice for me with its seed stitch and yarn-over-purl-2-togethers. Maybe I'll have enough yarn left over for this new one, too. Maybe....

'Night all!

3 comments:

jane said...

Mary, Mary, Mary, You look great!!!! Last night was so much fun but I had to stay up til 1 to see American Idol and Amazing Race! jane

Sachi said...

That's yummy! I think I need to make one. :-)

Krista said...

Thanks for posting about the dishcloth website. I've only ever done seed stitch ones, but all those patterns are wonderful! Your shamrock is lovely!