Wednesday, January 04, 2006

She did it again!

***
I love it when Carol Duvall has a knitting segment on her craft show. You can tell how much she loves to knit -- her enthusiasm is so infectious.

Today's segment was on knitting scarves with novelty yarns - a topic near and dear to my heart. All the example scarves were fun and gorgeous, but I think this one is my favorite:


***

I've been in somewhat of a funk this past week, for many reasons, which has led to blog-writers block. I've been knitting; just haven't felt like blogging. In part due to the depressingly rainy or overcast weather we've been having, in part due to a mild family trauma that occurred last week, (I'll blog about it in a future post), in part due to the horrific New Years Day murders that occurred not too far from me, in part due to the mining tragedy in West Virginia. Just a crummy way to start the New Year.

Since I'm self-employed, I also need to work on the accounting and tax situation for my little corporation, for which I've been procrastinating because I'm basically clueless when it comes to that stuff - in part due to a long-held math anxiety, and also to never having taken an accounting class in my life, (see: math anxiety). I've found some good resources, however, and so am forcing myself to learn this stuff. Surprisingly, there's a very good tutorial I found on the IRS website. (Never thought you'd see the words IRS and "very good" in the same sentence, did you?)

So, alas, I must end this post with many topics unblogged, for now, and get back to work. :-(

***

No comments: