Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sunday musings....

***

In the category of non-knitting content:

Watched the movie Must Love Dogs the other day. I usually like romantic comedies, but this one, for the most part, was crap. Badly written, the storyline and characters were unbelievable, the plot was formulaic, scenes were slapped together, and the attempts at humor were insulting to normal intelligence, rather than anything close to funny. I expected more. I need to look up this director so I know to avoid their future work. And maybe sue them for 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

***

Yesterday I found out about Feedblitz, a free service that allows the set up of email subscriptions for one's blog. (See the new "Subscribe" section in the upper left sidebar?) This may come in handy for those who might be interested in reading a blog regularly without having to open up a browser. Feel free to sign up, if interested.

***

In the category of knitting content:

I think I'll go sit'n'knit later today with the knitting group that meets at Countryside church on Sunday evenings.

***

I've also found out about a knitting group that meets at Bon Air United Methodist Church on Buford Road, (more convenient to me geographically). They are members of a prayer shawl ministry who knit shawls that are then given by the minister at appropriate times in various people's lives -- during illness, cancer treatment, death of a loved one, new mothers, etc. They meet twice a month, apparently, and their January meetings are: Tuesday, 1/17/06, 10 am and Saturday, 1/28/06, 10 am. (I assume I'll get the entire year's schedule at the first meeting). If interested, post a comment or send me an email and I'll get you more information. I should be able to make both January meetings, (I don't see me going back to work before February), but in future months I'll most likely be limited to weekend meetings. I need to stop by a LYS and pick up some shawl-appropriate yarn. If anyone has yarn recommendations, please let me know!

***

I've already made hotel reservations for Maryland Sheep & Wool 2006. (As of this writing, their website is not yet updated for 2006). Doesn't hurt or cost anything to reserve early, and I can always cancel if I end up not being able to attend. I have a room reserved for both Friday & Saturday nights, thinking I may drive up Friday so I can get an early start on Saturday.

***

Tomorrow or sometime this week, I hope to post about my recent FO and WIP, which I'll be working on this afternoon with the knitting group. Nothing ground-breaking, though -- just more scarves. Don't look so surprised.

***

I've also added a few titles to my knitting library, and hope to share about that sometime this week as well.

Stay tuned!

***

No comments: