Monday, January 09, 2006

Off and On the Needles

***
A recent finished object:



And here is the lovely Ali modeling it:

(She's just barely tolerating it -- notice the ears wanting to point backwards?)

And a close-up of the knitting.

Doesn't it look soft? It is!

Made with 2 balls of Berroco Plush Colors # 1958, "Taffy". US size 10 needles, cast-on 20 stitches, knit every row. I knit this over Christmas. It is for no one else but me! :-) I've taken to wearing it around the house on chilly mornings, but today is a gorgeous 66ºF, and so not needed.

During that knitting segment on the Carol Duvall show the other day, she showed a really cool way to wear a scarf which I'd not seen before. Basically, you fold the scarf in half, and then drap that evenly around your neck, and then pull the two ends through the loop made made by the fold, and snug it up a bit around your neck. It makes for a very pulled-together look when wearing a scarf, and keeps it from sliding off. Brilliant!

***

A current work-in-progress:

Remember this? Which prompted me to buy this? I'm finally now getting around to knitting that up, and here is my progress thus far:

And a close up of the knitting:

Unfelted, it has that typical "wormy" look of a garter stitch chenille fabric.

I'm on the third ball (out of 10) so far, and after three or four attempts, finally found a gauge (28 stitches, size 11 needles) where I feel the finished, felted object will still be big enough for a regular-sized scarf. I can't wait to finish and felt this thing! Pictures will be posted, for sure!

***

No comments: