Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Here we go 'round in circles....

On Sunday I attempted to cast on the 300 stitches required for the ROYGBV scarf, and realized a couple of things:

1) I need a better cast-on method
2) Stitches twist VERY easily on circulars
3) 29-inch circulars might not be long enough for 300 stitches

I hadn't even cast on the full 300 before I realized that things were twisted beyond repair, so I ripped them out. It was stressing me out, and I knew that while traveling this week I wouldn't be able to work on anything more complicated than a normal scarf on straight needles, so I left my knitting at home and am now having withdrawals. In order to feed my addiction, at lunch I'm going to hit the one knitting store this small Georgia town has and see if they have anything fun. Let's hope I hit paydirt!

No comments: