Sunday, October 02, 2005

I love that Linie Spot!

***
With the leftover ball of the Linie Spot, I decided to make a wider scarf, knowing I'd probably need to get more of that yarn. Here's the wide version:

There are 20 stitches cast on to size 11 needles.

The LYS (Lettuce Knit) where I bought this yarn had no more of this color, (of course), and another LYS (Got Yarn) also had none, so I ended up buying some on ebay. I like this yarn so much, I ended up buying 10 more balls from that ebay seller. I was originally going to make this wide version for myself, but decided that this particular item will go to a friend for Christmas, since she also likes these colors. I'll have time and yarn to make myself a wide version after Christmas.

I just love this yarn, though -- the colors are eye-candy for me. It's actually three yarns stranded together -- a metallic turquoise eyelash, a solid black thin thread, and a pale blue slightly wider thread with little puffs (spots, hence the name) of various other colors. Fun!

Here's a close-up of the knitting:

***

No comments: