Monday, October 10, 2005

When I grow up...

...I want to knit this:

It's Mason-Dixon Knitting's buttonhole bag. I can't decide if it's just the colors they chose for it, or the style, or both, but I can't stop looking at it and lusting after it and wanting to knit it the very first time I get up the nerve to move beyond just scarves....

And then there is the holy grail of grown-up knitting:
Lily Chin's 'Central Park' convertible coat. It just looks so warm and comfy and cozy -- I'd wear it more like a sweater. I want it NOW! So, in about a ten years when I am skilled enough to advance to the likes of sweaters and coats, this is the one I'm knitting FIRST!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Buttonhole Bag isn't too hard. I learned to knit last spring and the Buttonhole Bag was my first project beyond scarves and hats. If you can knit in the round and you have the Stitch'n'Bitch book, you're golden. Good Luck!